Wednesday 31 December 2014

Use Pedi Paws Clippers On A Dog

Use Pedi Paws Clippers On A Dog


Sending your dog to a groomer can be expensive, but doing it your self can be daunting. I hated trimming my dogs nails because I was afraid I was going to hurt him. After hearing all the hype about Pedi Paws clippers I finally gave it a try. It took me a couple of times to get the hang of it but I am fully comfortable trimming my dogs nails though. Along the way I have learned a few tips that I wish I new before I started to use the Pedi Paw.


Instructions


1. Show the Pedi Paw to your pet. Let them see it and be comfortable with it. Some even suggest to ask like your trimming the nails without actually having the batteries on. Talk to you pet in a calm voice while you do this. If you give treats for behavior go ahead and give them treats at this time. Repeat this as needed.


2. Get your dog in the position that he is most comfortable in. Many perfer to have the dog sit in their lap but this rarely works with a big dog. My dog was very squirmy so it worked best for another member of the family to sit with the dog and hold on to them. Make sure to take signals from your dog and not rush into it.


3. Make sure the orange protective cap is on before placing the claw in the opening of the Pedi Paw.


4. Position the claw for trimming by holding the paw up and not down. This will decrease time it takes to clip nails. Also take care to support the nail being trimmed with your other hand.


5. Go ahead and start with a one claw, if your pet is still having problems go back to step one. Take your time, but do not give up. It takes a little time to get use to.


6. The Pedi Paw is build to prevent you from hurting your dog by cutting to far, but you still must be careful. Check the nail every couple of seconds to insure you are getting to close to the pink area underneath the nail. As the dog and you gets use to the procedure filing nails should only take a few seconds a piece, so be patient and the pace will pick up after the first few times.


7. Give you dog a treat and lot of praise after your done. Until they get use to it you may want to do the front and back paws at separate times.

Tags: Pedi Paws, dogs nails, Make sure, trimming dogs, trimming dogs nails